- This event has passed.
What is “May In The Wide Bay”? (MITWB)
It’s a 4 day motoring event hosted by the WideBay Rodders in Hervey Bay on the May Day long weekend each year.
For people who are new to “May in the Wide Bay”, the whole event is set-up to show you around, show you the ropes for the events, the best eating spots, etc., and to try to keep you out of trouble.
• There is a “Welcome BBQ” dinner Friday Night with live entertainment.
• An “Observation Run” to show you around Hervey Bay and Maryborough and ending at a pub or club for lunch.
• “Esplanade Cruise” Sat. afternoon/night, a chance to check out the eating spots along the ‘nard.
• Sunday “Show ‘N’ Shine.
• Sunday Night catered dinner with live entertainment.
• Monday morning (AND every morning) cooked breakfast is served.
If you can get into the local Holiday Park it is all there, otherwise there is accommodation situated around this park, so you can still be nice and close to the action. Even some of the locals book in for the weekend to be close to the action.
Note: The above itinerary is for registered (paid*) entrants. If you did not want to do the Whole weekend the ‘Nard Cruise is free for public entry and the Show & Shine is open at a nominal cost.
It is well worth it to register for the full experience. It includes; welcome gifts, welcome BBQ, live entertainment/bands 2 nights, cooked & continental breakfasts all weekend, organised cruises, free Show & Shine entry, catered fancy dress dinner with raffles.