- This event has passed.
This free course is for anyone thinking about taking the first steps to study at university or TAFE. The course is facilitated by experienced USC advisers and is especially designed for adults of all ages who have not undertaken formal study for some years, or who did not finish high school.
Run over two consecutive days between 9am-2pm on 10 and 11 November, the course aims to, the course aims to:
– demystify higher education
– build your confidence and skills in a supportive space through creating a cooperative group environment for learning
– turn your current formal and informal learning abilities gained from work and life experience into academic reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
– introduce you to key concepts and structures of writing for a higher education environment, and
– enhance your capacity around educational pathway decision-making.
Location: USC FRASER COAST
Room: A Block, Level 1, Room A1.22