The Steampunkery and Stuff Steampunk Mini Festival is held in collaboration with Steamfesta and is a new mini-festival celebrating steampunks, cosplayers, goths, and all dress-up enthusiasts.
Get your gears on and strut your stuff in good company. Enjoy live music with ‘The Cogs’, food vendors, steampunk product stalls and a mega raffle. Try your hand at Tea Duelling and compete for prizes in the Grand Promenade.
There are prize categories for both steampunk and non-steampunk costumes. So, join in the fun and wear your best outfit.
What is Steampunk?
- A subgenre of science fiction that incorporates retro-futuristic technology and aesthetics inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
- Steampunk is a design style inspired by Victorian-era industrialism. Science fiction author K.W. Jeter created the term steampunk in 1987 to describe a style of fantasy fiction that featured Victorian technology, especially technology powered by steam.
- The style first appeared in mainstream pop culture in the late 2000s and is currently used in several design genres, including fashion, literature, film, television, video games and DIY projects.
- The steampunk genre was originally inspired by the fictional works of Jules Verne, Mary Shelley, and H.G. Wells, who wrote popular science fiction romances in the late 1800s. Today, the steampunk genre emphasizes both the use of older technologies as well as retro-looking futuristic inventions as people in the 19th century might have imagined them.
- Generally, Steampunk does not concern itself with specific dates, but it is good to have some historical knowledge.
Saturday, June 24
10 am – 3 pm
The Neighbourhood Hive
184 Boat Harbour Dr, Pialba
Please note: There is no onsite parking.
For more information and to book, go to www.hbnc.com.au/events