Nominations for the Fraser Coast 2021 Australia Day Awards are now open.
Fraser Coast Mayor George Seymour said the awards were an opportunity to recognise our local unsung heroes.
“The Australia Day Awards are a chance for us to celebrate and congratulate the many volunteers who put so much time and effort into making our community such a fantastic place to live, work and play,” he said.
“It’s been a tough year for everyone dealing with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, and these awards can provide recognition for those who go above and beyond in our local community.
“We all know someone who inspires us. I urge individuals, members of service clubs, sporting clubs and schools to nominate hard-working colleagues, mates, dedicated members or students whose efforts deserve to be appreciated.”
2021 Australia Day Award categories include:
- Citizen of the Year;
- Young Citizen of the Year;
- Sportsperson of the Year;
- Young Sportsperson of the Year;
- Cultural Award of the Year;
- Young Cultural Award of the Year;
- STEM Award of the Year (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths);
- Young STEM Award of the Year (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths);
- Community Project or Event of the Year;
- Community Group or Organisation of the Year.
Nomination forms are available at www.frasercoast.qld.gov.au/australia-day with nominations closing on 13 December 2020.
The awards will be presented on Australia Day, 26 January 2021.
Article and photo submitted by the Fraser Coast Regional Council