At the Wildlife Sanctuary, you can –
- Pat a kangaroo and howl with the dingoes
- Interact with, and learn about Australia’s largest land predator, the dingo
- Dingo Experiences are available.
- Feed kangaroos and wallabies
- Be entertained by the cockatoos’ antics
- Learn about snakes… their eating habits, habitat, and more
- Snake Experiences are available.
- Wrap Gorgeous, the black-headed python, around your neck… if you dare!
- Feel the smoothness of a blue tongue lizard
- See how many of our parrots will talk to you
The Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation formed by a dedicated band of volunteers to ensure the future of the sanctuary and its inhabitants. If you are considering a voluntary position with the Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary, please view and fill in our Volunteer Pack.
We are located in the Heritage City of Maryborough, Queensland, a 3-hour drive north of Brisbane and a short 30-minute drive to Hervey Bay, the whale watching capital of Queensland and the gateway to spectacular Fraser Island.
Our canteen provides delicious morning and afternoon teas, as well as light lunches. Hot and cold drinks are available. A range of souvenirs are on sale. A variety of wildlife paintings by local, well-known artists are also on display. Take advantage of our BBQ facilities and enjoy a family picnic with a difference.
We specialise in tours for school groups, which are both entertaining and educational. Birthday parties, community events and family days out are also catered for. Bus parking is available.
Our knowledgeable volunteer staff are happy to guide you and hope you enjoy the sanctuary as much as they do.
to find out more go to www.frasercoastwildlifesanctuary.org.au